CITY OF SANTA BARBARA
JANUARY 7, 2014
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING – 2:00 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
1. Subject: Comments By Outgoing Councilmember House
2. Subject: Recognition Of Outgoing Councilmember House
3. Subject: Comments By The Public
4. Subject: Affirmation Of Allegiance By Mayor Helene Schneider, Councilmembers Frank Hotchkiss And Bendy White, And Councilmember-Elect Gregg Hart
5. Subject: Presentation Of Certificates Of Election
6. Subject: Seating Of Newly-Installed Councilmembers
7. Subject: Comments By Mayor Schneider And Councilmembers Hotchkiss, Hart, And White
8. Subject: Presentation Of Poem By City Of Santa Barbara Poet Laureate
9. Subject: Comments By The Public
ROLL CALL OF NEW COUNCIL
CEREMONIAL ITEMS (CONT'D)
Recommendation: That Council authorize the City Administrator to express the City's appreciation to employees who are eligible to receive service award pins for their years of service through January 31, 2014.
CHANGES TO THE AGENDA
11. Subject: Minutes
Recommendation: That Council waive further reading and approve the minutes of the special meeting of December 5, 2013 and the cancelled meetings of December 24, and December 31, 2013.
Recommendation: That Council adopt, by reading of title only, An Ordinance of the Council of the City of Santa Barbara Authorizing the Execution and Delivery by the City of an Installment Sale Agreement and a Letter Agreement for Purchase and Approving the Execution of a Trust Agreement by the Authority in Connection with the Execution and Delivery of Santa Barbara Financing Authority Waterfront Refunding Revenue Bonds, Series 2014, and Authorizing Related Actions.
Recommendation: That Council adopt, by reading of title only, A Resolution of the Council of the City of Santa Barbara Relating to the Destruction of Records Held by the Finance Department in the Administration, Accounting, Environmental Programs, General Services, Risk Management, and Treasury Divisions.
Recommendation: That Council:
A. Accept a donation of $45,000 from the Santa Barbara Police Foundation for the Canine Unit Trust Fund;
B. Increase appropriations and estimated revenue by $18,000 to cover the purchase of a new K-9 and the related training costs in the amount of $15,000, and ongoing handler training and monthly expenses totaling $3,000; and
C. Find it in the City's best interest to waive the formal bid procedure as authorized by Municipal Code 4.52.080 (k) and approve the purchase of a new canine, equipment, and related training from Mission Canines for the next three fiscal years, in accordance with approved budgets.
Recommendation: That Council Accept the Fiscal Year 2014 Interim Financial Statements for the Five Months Ended November 30, 2013
16. The City Clerk has on Thursday, January 2, 2014, posted this agenda in the Office of the City Clerk, on the City Hall Public Notice Board on the outside balcony of City Hall, and on the Internet.
This concludes the Consent Calendar.
CITY COUNCIL ADMINISTRATIVE AND ATTORNEY REPORTS
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Recommendation: That Council approve and adopt the City of Santa Barbara Water Supply Management Report for the 2013 water year, finding that groundwater resources are in long-term balance in accordance with the conjunctive management element of the City's Long-Term Water Supply Plan.
MAYOR AND COUNCIL REPORTS
Recommendation: That Council consider the appointment of a Mayor Pro Tempore, and Chairs and Members of the Ordinance and Finance Committees.
COUNCIL AND STAFF COMMUNICATIONS
COUNCILMEMBER COMMITTEE ASSIGNMENT REPORTS